Saturday, March 7, 2009

Can you "fill" a decade?

It crossed my mind today that in a few short months ten years will have passed since John's plane accident. It really doesn't seem that much time has passed. After the initial thought I found myself going back over all the years and searching for big events that have taken place to fill the gap of a decade. They failed me. I could not place enough memories in the past ten years to try and make it feel that indeed that much time has gone.

I wonder how many other people will shake their heads when the 10th Anniversary is finally here and ask themselves "Where has all the time gone?"

Has it really been that long....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wrap my brain around the fact that it has been 10 years. I also can't shake the thought of what could have been, or what he could have acomplished in the last 10 years we will never know but will continue to remember and miss him deeply.

Shana said...

I feel the same way. It's such a sad loss! He was a great man!